August 27, 2014, Posted by athletics in Athletics
Director of Athletics
Welcome to the Poplar Bluff R-I School District’s Athletics Department.
Kent Keith, Director of Athletics
Poplar Bluff R-1 School District
1300 Victory Lane
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Get Scores and Latest Updates
Would you like sports scores delivered to your inbox? Subscribe here to get sports results or the eMule school district newsletter (or both!)
Find additional athletics coverage at pbmules.poplarbluffschools.net, the official website of the Poplar Bluff Athletics Department in cooperation with the Poplar Bluff Mules Booster Club. A news feed from the site appears below:
Poplar Bluff Mules Booster Club Headlines
- Mules Soccer Defeats Farmington, Advances to Sectional Tournament - Mules won the Class 3, District 1 Championship defeating Farmington, 2-0. They advance to the Class 3 State Tournament Sectional at North County on Tuesday, Nov. 4. Congratulations to the Poplar Bluff Mules Soccer Team for winning their first District Title since 2000! Go Mules!
- Mules Cheer Squad Takes Home State Championship - The Poplar Bluff Cheer Squad took home the 4A large school state championship title for the second straight year. The Cheer Team will compete in the UCA Bootheel Classic Nationals Qualifying Event on Dec. 7 at the Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Mules Soccer Defeats Cape Central in District 1 Semifinals - In the Class 3, District 1 Soccer Semifinals, the Mules beat Cape Central, 4-0. They will play for the Class 3, District 1 Championship on Thursday at 6:00pm at Farmington, vs. Farmington.
- September Athletes of the Month named - The Poplar Bluff Mules Booster Club has selected Poplar Bluff High School Tennis star Stephanie Hobbs and Mules Football standout Steven Haley as the September Athletes of the Month. Haley, a junior, completed nine games with 113 tackles, 14 tackles for loss and three sacks. His cumulative GPA is 11.036 weighted. Hobbs, also a junior, is the No. 4 varsity player with a singles record of 7-5 and a doubles of 5-7. Her cumulative GPA is 11.2 weighted. ### Cutline: Pictured presenting the plaques is Booster Club President Jason Smothers.More than $25K raised during annual Mule Skinner - The Poplar Bluff Mules Booster Club generated around $26,000—100 percent of which will support Poplar Bluff R-I’s athletic programs—during the sixth annual Mule Skinner Golf Tournament held on Friday, Aug. 8, at Westwood Hills Country Club. There were 32 teams consisting of 144 ex-Mules and school supporters that participated in the fundraiser, and 80 businesses and individuals who sponsored holes. ### Cutline: [From left] Athletics Director Kent Keith and Booster Club board members Jason Smothers, Scott Vaughn, Dennis Legrand, Larry Capps, Ed Norton and Brian Taylor stand in front of silent auction items.
Athletics Department news on this site:
- Athletics Department (8/27/2014)
- Free Physical Night (8/19/2014)
- Golf Tourney generates record funds for Foundation (5/15/2014)
- 2013-2014 Winter Sports Schedules (11/19/2013)
- Competition Cheer Squad wins state championship (9/17/2013)
- 2013 Fall Sports Schedules (9/5/2013)
- Free Physical Night (8/20/2013)
- May Athletes of the Month announced (6/28/2013)
- Music teacher to throw pitch at Cardinals game (6/17/2013)
- First camp for Pom Squad a success (6/17/2013)
- April Athletes of the Month announced (6/6/2013)
- Track and Field finishes dominant season (5/22/2013)
- Missouri Good Sports (5/21/2013)
- Cheerleaders chosen to perform at Gator Bowl (5/3/2013)
- Poplar Bluff R-I hosts Special Olympics (4/30/2013)
- First ‘Athletes of the Month’ named (4/29/2013)
- Mules/Jackson game available as webcast (9/12/2012)
- PBHS Trap Shooting Team Places 3rd in State (6/21/2012)
- Poplar Bluff to name football field after Derland Moore (10/3/2010)
- Senior High Golfer Carr Vernon Qualifies for U.S. Amateur (8/18/2010)
- Welcome to the Home of the Mules (5/27/2010)
Enjoyed this post?