August 27, 2014, Posted by athletics in Athletics
Director of Athletics
Welcome to the Poplar Bluff R-I School District’s Athletics Department.
Kent Keith, Director of Athletics
Poplar Bluff R-1 School District
1300 Victory Lane
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Get Scores and Latest Updates
Would you like sports scores delivered to your inbox? Subscribe here to get sports results or the eMule school district newsletter (or both!)
Find additional athletics coverage at pbmules.poplarbluffschools.net, the official website of the Poplar Bluff Athletics Department in cooperation with the Poplar Bluff Mules Booster Club. A news feed from the site appears below:
Poplar Bluff Mules Booster Club Headlines
- More than $25K raised during annual Mule Skinner - The Poplar Bluff Mules Booster Club generated around $26,000—100 percent of which will support Poplar Bluff R-I’s athletic programs—during the sixth annual Mule Skinner Golf Tournament held on Friday, Aug. 8, at Westwood Hills Country Club. There were 32 teams consisting of 144 ex-Mules and school supporters that participated in the fundraiser, and 80 businesses and individuals who sponsored holes. ### Cutline: [From left] Athletics Director Kent Keith and Booster Club board members Jason Smothers, Scott Vaughn, Dennis Legrand, Larry Capps, Ed Norton and Brian Taylor stand in front of silent auction items.
- May Athletes of the Month named - The Poplar Bluff Mules Booster Club has selected Poplar Bluff High School Mules Baseball standout Alex Lewis and Track & Field star JJ Ellis as the May Athletes of the Month. Ellis, an incoming senior, was named discus champion at the Cape Invitational, the SEMO Conference and at Class 4, District 1; she was named the discus and shot put champion at the Farmington Invitational and during the Missouri State High School Activities Association state qualifier; and she placed sixth in discus at MSHSAA All-State. Lewis of the Class of 2014 ended his career leading the team with 29 hits, a batting average of .446 with 65 at bats, five home runs, 24 RBIs, a .526 on base percentage, a .708 slugging percentage and a .486 batting average with runners in scoring position. He was selected as catcher
- April Athletes of the Month named - The Poplar Bluff Mules Booster Club has selected Cassidy Harris and Wesley Pyles as the April Athletes of the Month. Pyles of the Class of 2014 was selected for his success on the baseball diamond, with a record of six wins, one loss, two saves, 13 bases on balls, 61 strikeouts and a 1.24 earned run average in 39 and a third innings pitched. Harris, an incoming senior, was the track and field team captain with a high jump of five foot four inches, a 34-2 on the triple jump and a long jump of 17-3. She was voted the most valuable female at the Jackson Invitational, was the overall best female high jumper in the Sikeston Relay, and is considered the Poplar Bluff Invitational long jump and high jump champion. ### Cutline: Pictured presenting the plaques is Booster Club President Jason Smothers.<
- Missouri Good Sports - On behalf of the Missouri State High School Activities Association, Poplar Bluff R-I Athletic Director Kent Keith presents [from left] eighth grader Katie Sliger, seniors Aaron Vincent and Allison Huskey, and eighth grader Thomas Abney awards of excellence on Friday, May 9, for their exemplary display of sportsmanship, ethics and integrity, as determined by teachers and coaches. Huskey was also a 2013 recipient of the state honor.
- Varsity Boys Baseball Team Beats Twin Rivers - The varsity boys baseball team beat Twin Rivers 10-0 on Friday, April 25, at the Bobby Strenfel Field. GO MULES!!
Athletics Department news on this site:
- Athletics Department (8/27/2014)
- Free Physical Night (8/19/2014)
- Golf Tourney generates record funds for Foundation (5/15/2014)
- 2013-2014 Winter Sports Schedules (11/19/2013)
- Competition Cheer Squad wins state championship (9/17/2013)
- 2013 Fall Sports Schedules (9/5/2013)
- Free Physical Night (8/20/2013)
- May Athletes of the Month announced (6/28/2013)
- Music teacher to throw pitch at Cardinals game (6/17/2013)
- First camp for Pom Squad a success (6/17/2013)
- April Athletes of the Month announced (6/6/2013)
- Track and Field finishes dominant season (5/22/2013)
- Missouri Good Sports (5/21/2013)
- Cheerleaders chosen to perform at Gator Bowl (5/3/2013)
- Poplar Bluff R-I hosts Special Olympics (4/30/2013)
- First ‘Athletes of the Month’ named (4/29/2013)
- Mules/Jackson game available as webcast (9/12/2012)
- PBHS Trap Shooting Team Places 3rd in State (6/21/2012)
- Poplar Bluff to name football field after Derland Moore (10/3/2010)
- Senior High Golfer Carr Vernon Qualifies for U.S. Amateur (8/18/2010)
- Welcome to the Home of the Mules (5/27/2010)
Enjoyed this post?