July 21, 2014, Posted by child in Early Childhood Center
The Poplar Bluff Early Childhood Center operates two programs for preschoolers: A half-day, free preschool program that serves students age 3-5 during the course of the school year, and a full-day/full-year paid preschool program. Both programs focus on preparing students to be able to successfully enter kindergarten through instruction in academics, fine/gross motor development, and social skills.
To be eligible to attend the half-day program, students must go through a screening process. Screening days are in February, May and August/September. The next screening session for our half-day program is Sept. 2, 2016. Unlike our half-day program, there is no screening process for the full-day program. Any child who is potty trained and is 3 years old by July 31, 2016, and not 5 years old before July 31, 2016, is eligible for full days.
Poplar Bluff Early Childhood also offers the Parents as Teachers program for children ages prenatal through 5 years old. Parents as Teachers is a home visit program that helps families ensure their child’s development is on track and offers opportunities for developmental screenings.
Poplar Bluff Early Childhood Center
1235 North Main Street
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901-3898
Parents As Teachers 573-785-6477
A.M. Classes: 8:30 a.m.—11:05 a.m.
P.M. Classes: 1:00 p.m.—3:35 p.m.
JoAnne Westbrook, Principal
Early Childhood Center files
- Missouri Preschool Program Informational Flyer and Frequently Asked Questions (Summer 2016)
- Half-Day Preschool Enrollment Packet for 2016-2017 (only for students already accepted)
- Full-Day/Full-Year Preschool Enrollment Packet
- School Readiness Brochure
- Early Childhood Center Handbook
- 2016-2017 Early Childhood Center School Supply List (half-day program)
- 2016-2017 MPP School Supply List (full-day, full-year preschool)
- Early Childhood screening for half-day program set for Sept. 2 (7/19/2016)
- Early Childhood seeks to double enrollment for full-day/full-year preschool (7/19/2016)
- Behind the Lesson: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (2/1/2016)
- District awarded $250k to add full-day preschool program (8/5/2015)
Enjoyed this post?